Ten (10) days before the end of each month, you will receive an emailed invoice from firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your monthly lesson fee for the upcoming month, plus any music purchases, expenses, and credits that may have been applied to your account over the previous month. This invoice is due and payable on the 1st day of the month containing the lessons. (See below for information about payment grace periods and Unpaid Lesson fees.)
If possible, I ask that all regular students consider setting up “Auto Pay,” which securely pays your invoice each month to make sure there’s no chance of accidental late fees if you’re having a particularly distracted month. (We all have them!) To set up Auto Pay, simply follow these instructions to securely store your credit card and/or bank information at MMS, and leave the “Automatically pay emailed invoices” box checked when you save the information. Because using Auto Pay makes my life so much easier, I will apply a $5.00 credit to your account for every invoice paid with Auto Pay.
If you prefer to manually pay your total due each month, you can do so easily—just click the “Pay Invoice” button on the invoice to view the details and pay online, or log into your Student Portal to view or pay any invoice I’ve sent you since October, 2020. (The MMS Student Portal uses PayPal to process payments; if you prefer to use another processor I do accept payments through several other means.)
Invoices for ad-hoc and extra lessons will be generated within 24 hours of the scheduling of the session, and are due before the beginning of the session.
Other online payments
I can also receive payments (with or without an invoice number) through the following online payment processors, listed in my order of preference:
Payments received through these means will be credited toward any outstanding orders or invoices on your account, and you will receive an email confirmation of the payment once it is recorded. Because payments made through these services take longer to become available for my use, the effective date of these payments will be 3 business days following the date you initiate the payment. You are responsible for any late fees that accrue prior to the effective date of a payment made through any of these services.
Paying in person or by mail
If you prefer not to send your payment electronically, I can of course accept payments in person via cash, check or credit card. Or you may choose to mail a paper check, though it’s important to note that this often adds a week or more to the processing time for your payment, and that you are responsible for any late fees that accrue prior to the effective date of a payment made by mail. To mail a check, address it to:
David M. Glasgow
c/o The Perfect 5th Musical Arts Center
4913 Gettysburg Rd
Mechanicsburg PA 17055-4816
- Payment for any invoice is due by 11:59pm on the invoice due date (usually the 1st of the month).
- If any unpaid balance remains 7 days after the invoice date, my system will send you an automatic courtesy reminder.
- Failure to bring an invoice current after 60 days may result in third-party collection activity and corollary additional fees.
- A regular student who develops a pattern of frequent past-due invoices may be asked to release their regular lesson time and switch to an “ad-hoc” lesson arrangement. Note that “per-lesson” rates for ad-hoc lessons are higher than rates for regular weekly lessons.
- All lessons must be paid for in advance—by the 1st of the month, for regular students. A $10 Unpaid Lesson fee will be added to the price of every lesson taken while a past-due balance remains on the student’s account.