Short choral responses, one for each of the seven principles of Unitarian Universalism. Permission to project lyrics included with purchase of ten or more copies.
SSATB AND SATB, A CAPPELLA
KEYWORDS: CHALICE LIGHTING, UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM, LITURGICAL & SERVICE MUSIC, PRELUDE, POSTLUDE, OPENING, CLOSING, GATHERING, BENEDICTION, INHERENT WORTH AND DIGNITY, JUSTICE, EQUITY, COMPASSION, ACCEPTANCE, SPIRITUAL GROWTH, SEARCH FOR TRUTH, CONSCIENCE, DEMOCRACY, WORLD COMMUNITY, PEACE, LIBERTY, INTERDEPENDENT WEB
Look & listen
lyrics ©2008 David M. Glasgow (ASCAP)
purchase print music at DAVIDMGLASGOW.COM
1. The inherent worth and dignity of every person
Ev’ry soul has dignity, and even our enemy has worth.
2. Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations
May ev’ry choice we make be led by justice,
and ev’ry word we speak be flavored with the sweetness of compassion.
3. Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
We embrace the gifts of this moment
as we plant the seeds that will grow into tomorrow.
4. A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
I ask the world, “Where is meaning?”
The world replies, “Love your neighbor, and seek.”
5. The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
One voice among many has the pow’r to change the world!
6. The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
May the sunrise that circles the earth bring peace, justice, and freedom to all as one.
7. Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
Each voice in the chord, each strand of the web is important.